Purchase Ledger Administrator
We are seeking a Purchase Ledger Administrator to carry out the role within the finance team to ensure that all measures, targets and standards are achieved to the highest audit standard, in a professional and efficient manner. Maintain finance records and carry out administration duties relating to finance.
As Purchase Ledger Administrator you will be primarily responsible for maintaining an efficient and accurate accounting function. You will ensure revenue reporting and management information is relevant and accurate at all times. You will ensure that financial controls are implemented as requested by the FC, to ensure transactions are accurately recorded and performance reported in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist with log of purchase order numbers.
- To check all purchase invoices received for pricing and arithmetical accuracy as well as collating with delivery notes and purchase orders where appropriate.
- To seek authorisation of purchase invoices by the relevant Head of Department, Financial Controller and General Manager.
- To enter all purchase invoices and credit notes on the purchase ledger in accordance with the accounting periods.
- To pay suppliers in accordance with the Terms and Conditions generating integrated BACS and remittance advices.
- To resolve any queries on purchase invoices with the relevant supplier.
- To maintain in-house records of all purchase invoices.
- To maintain the integrity of the purchase ledger.
- To ensure Company standards are adhered to at all times.
- To comply with all Health & Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessment, Security, Fire and safety requirements in the department.
Undertake any reasonable task at Financial Controller’s request. The successful candidate will have strong numeracy skills and be highly experienced in excel, have a basic understanding for accounting and an eye for detail. You need to be a flexible team player with exceptional organisational skills. This role would suit finance university graduates who are looking for an entry level role. Minimum degree is AAT level 2.
This is a part-time position working 24 to 30 hours per week from Monday to Friday. Shift patterns will be discussed at the time of interview.
- Excel knowledge
- Experience in purchase ledger is essential. Having worked in this role in a hotel will be an advantage.
- Attention to detail and precision
- Good organisational skills
- Able to work in a fast paced working environment and remain calm under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Opera knowledge would be an advantage
- Free parking
- 28 days holiday raising to 29 after one year’s continuous service and 30 days after 2 years continuous service
- Free meal whilst on duty
- Free membership in our Leisure Club
- Discount on hotel rooms
Heythrop Park Resort is not connected to public transportation therefore candidates need to have their own transport.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK and applicants will be asked for documentation.