CONFERENCE AND BANQUETING SUPERVISOR
At Heythrop Park our mission is to give our guests a great time, with memories that last a life time.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate Conference and Banqueting Supervisor with the key role of delivering exceptional customer service and ensuring the smooth running of the conferences and events.
You will be part of a team of 8 and teamwork in this multi-national team is essential.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To have a full understanding of the week’s events
- To have a proactive approach to customer needs and highlight any shortfalls in service to the manager
- Promptly welcome customers and organisers on arrival in the absence of the C&B Manager or the Assistant. Go through welcome packs and requirements ensuring the client is comfortable and their needs are being met
- Supervise and assist in the set up and clearing of conference and banqueting rooms according to company standards
- To maximise selling opportunities by up-selling at every opportunity
- To provide and implement service of all food and drink to the required company standards.
- Supervise and assist in maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of the conference and banqueting areas at all times
- To assist in the training and development of others
- Manage/supervise banquets and conferences in the absence of the C&E Manager/Assistant
- To handle complaints promptly and professionally by demonstrating genuine customer care and concern, ensuring a senior member of the team is informed of any situation
We are looking for someone who
- Has excellent communication skills with a passion for guest service
- Has supervisory experience within a high quality catering
- Has excellent self-presentation skills
- Ability to manage and motivate a team of waiters/waitresses to ensure exceptional guest service
Previous experience working in a 4* hotel in a supervisory position is essential and having worked in a multi-outlet 4* hotel of advantage.
Due to the nature of the role candidates must be available for flexible shift patterns, working 5 days out of 7, including weekends.
- Free parking
- 28 days holiday raising to 29 days after one year’s continuous service and 30 days after 2 years continuous service
- Free meal whilst on duty
- Free membership in our Leisure Club
- Discount on rooms
Due to our secluded location and the shift work required for this role candidates must have their own transport.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK and will be asked for documentation