ASSISTANT CONFERENCE AND BANQUETING MANAGER
If good food and great service are important to you this position will be a great opportunity for someone who is looking to progress in her/his career.
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of high standard of service on a daily basis for conferences, events and weddings, creating fantastic memories for our guest. With 28 meeting rooms, a purpose-built conference theatre for up to 400 delegates, a dedicated training wing offering 6 training rooms and 5 syndicate rooms this is a busy department which requires a hands-on culture.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Meeting and greeting guests
- Making sure the rota is meeting business demands
- Active day to day wage management
- Coaching employees to develop their skills and ensure service standards are met
- Ensuring all Food and Beverage employees are trained in accordance with the C&B SOP and that all appropriate records are maintained
- Meeting and exceeding guest expectations at all opportunities
- Ensuring the functions rooms are set up in accordance to the function sheets
- Adhering to Health and Safety regulations, Alcohol Licensing, Company policies and fire procedures at all times
We are looking for someone who
- Has strong leadership skills and ability to lead a multi-national team within the C&B department
- Has excellent communication skills with a passion for guest service
- Has excellent self-presentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to deal with internal and external customers in a tactful, diplomatic and professional manner
Previous experience in a similar environment is essential for this role.
You must be able to keep calm under pressure, be confident, organised, maintain a hands on management culture, and have exceptional attention to detail. You will be in charge of your own profit centre, so a keen business outlook is key.
Service for guests cover breakfast, lunch and dinner therefore candidates must be available for flexible shift patterns, working 5 days out of 7, including weekends. The successful candidate will be also trained in Duty Manager shifts.
- Free parking
- 28 days holiday raising to 30 days after one year’s continuous service and 30 days after 2 years continuous service
- Free meal whilst on duty
- Free membership in our Leisure Club
- Discount on rooms
Due to our secluded location and the shift work required for this role candidates must have their own transport.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK and applicants will be asked for documentation.